The most valuable commodity you have as a human is time, you have 24 hours in a day like everyone, but you want to stand out from the rest, you want to do more so you can get more out of a day and of life. You have to work, rest/sleep and repeat. “So what’s the way to better manage 24 hours?”, you must be wondering.
We have looked at how successful people use their time and we came up with the “4 days in 24 hours” strategy. Everyone has a problem with time and since an average human sleeps at least 7-9 hours a day, and spend the rest of the hours differently, you have to beat this time management in order to stand out.
Below is a way to spend your 24 hours differently and effectively but first things first, have a goal and a purpose.
Segment your day
- In order to make the most out of your 24 hours, you have to segment your 24 hours into four different parts (we are going to call these parts “mini days” throughout this article). For a normal human being when the sun goes down that is when the day ends, we say you don’t have to wait for the sun to go down so that you believe that a day is over.
- On your schedule, you probably have many little tasks you can tackle in a day but you said you’re going to tackle at least one task per day. Imagine, you have 6 hours a day and you have to complete a certain task so you take on the task and you manage to finish that one little or maybe big task in that 6 hours (your one mini day), normal human beings still have 18 hours to go, are you going to spend 3 mini days sleeping?. Hypothetically if you don’t do something productive in the remaining 18 hours you would have wasted 3 hypothetical days.
Rest not hibernate
- As a human, you require rest so it is okay to spend your one mini day sleeping and put the remaining three mini days to work. By now must have noticed that in your four mini days there’s no time to eat, that is because there isn’t any if you are really determined by success you can eat whilst walking, standing or eat and work at the same time unless if you are going to have lunch with someone rich say, a potential investor you can squeeze the lunch into your mini days, as a matter of fact having lunch with a potential investor is a task.
Spoil yourself less
- We know when you accomplish something you feel like you should spoil yourself, as you should for inspiration but not today, not yet (your inspirational juice is coming from your “why you are doing what you are doing”). So basically the four days in 24 hours strategy requires you to take on a task when done rest a little and charge toward the next project you want to tackle if you finish it in your mini day(6 hours) hooray, rest a little again and do another project if you finish it rest again to do another.
- Don’t go hard on yourself if 24 hours is up and you have tackled only two projects or tasks, well done you did in one day what you were supposed to do in 2 days which means you’re 24 hours ahead of someone in the same industry/field as you.
Take it easy on yourself
- You can make more days out of your 24 hours it just depends on your schedule and tasks/projects. For a start it is wise to start with a four day 24 hours so that you may not be overwhelmed by what you have to get done, in time you’ll do more in a day. At the end of 30 days, you should know how long your day is, 4 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours or 24 hours if you are normal.
Easy come, easy go!
- It isn’t healthy to rest but if you want the utmost success you are going to have to rest less or as motivational speakers say sleep fast. You might have reasons to want to sleep more but what are you getting out of sleep, nothing. If you still think sleeping less will give you health problems, think about those who have made it in life, Beyoncé, Barrack Obama, Nelson Mandela, Will Smith, do you think they slept for 8 hours to get to where they are? We know so, they didn’t.
Our strategy can seem ridiculous/outrageous if you are not competitive enough, we believe it can help young entrepreneurs the most but generally, everyone can benefit from it
We hope this article will help you best manage your day, for suggestions and views please comment below.